3.04.2013

Forgiveness is Happiness


One aspect of my personal mantra for this year is Forgiveness, and let me tell you; it's changed my life! For so many year, practically my entire life, I've held grudges or not truly forgiven people that have hurt me in the past and that definitely takes a toll on your spirit, happiness, and peace of mind. As much as I've tried to fight the notion that "not forgiving someone is like drinking poison and expecting them to die", I faced facts and accepted that to be true. Once I realized that I needed to let go of the past and truly forgive, not just say it but live in it too, my life became a millions times better. My spirt is more calm and I definitely gained a peace of mind.


It's only been a few weeks since embracing this new mindset/mantra and it's not always easy, but it has been worth it. I do sometimes get a negative feeling or random flashback of the past so I constantly remind myself to live in my forgiveness, let go of the past, and keep moving forward. And I can truly see in action "when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it". For example, today my daily horoscope was about forgiveness and it was a pleasant reminder. 


I say all this too say, F O R G I V E. Not for anyone else, religion, or external force, but for YOU and your peace of mind. It may not be today, tomorrow, next week, or next month but at your own pace and time allow yourself to forgive. The sooner you can let go and accept that you cannot change the past the easier forgive will be. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative