6.16.2012

Learning To Sew

A few weeks ago, I attended my very first Sewing Class at a Studio in DC. The class was free and what I was able to take away from it was priceless. 


That is final result of my first ever sewing project using a Sewing Machine; a lined drawstring pouch. In a few hours, I was able to create a lining, a drawstring hole, learn 4 different stitch patterns, and completely finish the bag.

I was so excited about my new-found skills, that I went and ambitiously created a Shoulder Bag. I didn't use a pattern, just lots of imagination and fabric, LOL. It took me almost all evening, but I create a Camouflage Bag with Black lining inside, a large inside pocket, Zipper Closure, and a Studded Strap. **Big Smile** 



I was so proud of my bag and even more ecstatic that it was functional and I was able to carry my Macbook Air, wallet, phone, and cosmetics in it without it ripping a seam! I'm already looking for fabric for my next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative