12.28.2011

xmas brunch, dinner & a gingerbread tree!


On Christmas Day, we had brunch with my family and dinner with TB's family and both were grand experiences! 



Brunch started off with some of the best tasting meatballs I've EVER had! Literally, between TB & I there were only about 7 meatballs left by the time all the food was ready, LOL! I've been harassing my mom for the recipe ever since...


We also had Mimosa's and a hearty brunch of yams, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon [for me, pork for the others] , more meatballs, and a veggie omelet...



We definitely took a nap after this meal, then went onto the next meal, dinner at Mama TB's.


We had Yam Cupcakes with Marshmallow Tops, Seafood Étoufée, Spanish Casserole, and Quail. Yes, Quail! And it was sooo amazing! For dessert, I had Apple Cobbler & Vanilla Ice Cream...


After dinner, TB & I attempted to create a tree out of gingerbread cookies. We had a lot of fun putting the tree together...


I added the colored candies! 


Then, we made the Green icing...and let's just say, I'm not that good a decorating a tree with runny icing, LOL...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative