9.02.2011

Why I Love Neosoul!

We all get the basic raps and auto-tune on the radio, that's typically about f*cking b!tches, beating up someone, reppin' this gang, and other pointless violent and unproductive content. But Neosoul, wow, its just something about its purpose!

Neosoul music, more often than not, is feel-good music, about real issues and things that real people can relate to. I just really love it! When I first really started listening to Neosoul, it was about 2-3 years ago and it really helped me to regain my self-esteem, understand who I was, what I wanted, and how good life  can be!



If you're still not sold yet on listening to Neosoul, check out a few songs by some of my favorite artists....


Stop Playin' - Anthony David


Alright - Ledisi


Cleva - E.Badu

Pieces - Hil St. Soul

Treat You Like A Queen - Rahsaan Patterson

Dealing - Eric Roberson

Whenever Your Around - Jill Scott

Chocolate High - India.Arie

I'm Cheating - Dwele


I know I went a little over board with close to 10 videos, but there are so many great songs and artists in Neosoul, it was really hard to only pick a few. I loves my Neosoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative